Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mumbling and stumbling

Well, I mumbled my way through the keynote address and stumbled my way through the workshop. I suppose it wasn't really that bad but I must say that I was a tad nervous because I'd never given a keynote presentation or conducted a workshop before. The Keynote went pretty well with a minimum amount of snoring coming from the audience but I feel that I could have done a better job with the workshop. I learned a lot and next time will be a treat for everyone.

The mid-Michigan Writer's group is a sophisticated and well disciplined organization. They've been around a long time and have polished their act to a beautiful shine. This is a class assortment of diverse writers. You can learn more at www.midmichiganwriters.org

Now it's on to my next adventures.

In February I'll be attending the "Love is Murder" mystery writer's conference in Chicago. It's a three day, high intensity affair bringing together high visibility authors, literary agents, publishers, and a few small fish like me.

In March Saginaw Valley State University's college of lifelong learning has asked me to conduct a three part seminar for seniors on the ins and outs of writing and getting published. I'll post more details as they become available.

Sometime between now and next June I'll also be doing a presentation to the Grayling, Michigan Rotary Club. Information should be forthcoming soon on that gig.

No comments:

email motownwriters@Yahoo.com if you would like to be a blogger here. email to list books in our amazon store